Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On not even pretending to cope

You know when you've been working really hard in the run up to Christmas, keeping things going on a wing and a prayer. Then as soon as you put your feet up with a nice cup of tea and a mince pie, that's when the dreaded flu hits you with its best shot, leaving you out of the game for a bit.
For me, it's like that, only with moods and morale, not the flu. Apparently I don't get the flu, I just get the blues. And also, there doesn't need to be any mad run up to Christmas either. It just sort of knocks on my door, randomly, mugs me of my depleted reserves of will power, then leaves me sitting on my arse staring into the void for minutes on end. So nothing like the flu then.

Anyway, this post is just to say ok, I surrender, nicht schiessen! Just make it all go away and stop making me have to pretend that everything is fine, just fine. Because it isn't. And I don't even know what it is.