Tuesday, August 3, 2010

and another thing

Hello dear neglected blog. Yes I know the extent of my flakiness, but it's not like you are going to thwack me over the head every time I fail to blog consistently. Although the whole carrot and stick technique might well be the only one that works on me...
So what has happened in the meantime? Well, I have acquired another job, on top of the three I had already. Translation is making me lose the will to live. My new job makes me wake up with a delightful knot of anxiety in the pit of my stomach. Same old, same old essentially.
Gothenburg is showing us its best sunny side (with the occasional shower, just to keep you on your toes). I have learned to blow dry my hair. The results are sadly lacking in glam aura, but it does show a marked improvement in the grooming area. What else, oh yes, I have been to 3 baby showers in as many months, a completely new appointment on my social diary as I had never attended anything remotely baby showeresque in my life before. It may be some time before I venture out to another such event.
Am I going to write more? Well, no promises, but maybe, just maybe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oi!

So apparently "[you] enjoy talking loudly and obnoxiously, baking muffins and telling people that they are wrong." I would love to get your opinion on Swedish people and Swedish culture.

I've just moved here after being away in English speaking countries for a long time (I was born here). I think Swedes are nuts - and also quite nice in some ways.

Lots of love, Hakan.

Heather R. said...

Hi there!

I'm a 27-year-old American girl in Gothenburg, and found your blog through the Expat forum. Are you interested in meeting up? I don't have much of a friend base here yet, and would like one!

I like indie music and movies like Rushmore, too :)

Feel free to email me!